Select Page

Category Archives: Building and Zoning

How do I get a building permit?

You can apply for a building permit at the Planning, Engineering, and Regulation Department at City Hall. 575-885-1185. Fees are based on type of building or work being performed.

Do I need a building permit?

You will need a building permit if you are tearing out/ putting up sheetrock, curb-cuts, roofing, shingles, windows, fences (even if repairing an old one), demolitions, storage sheds, garages, porches, new construction, cement slab, stucco, sewer tap inspections,...
Carlsbad, New Mexico - Official City Website