114 South Halagueno Street | (575) 885.3363
Monday…….7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday……7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday..7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday…..7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The court is closed from noon until 1 p.m. during the lunch hour.
Purpose of Municipal Court Carlsbad Municipal is a court of limited jurisdiction; handling offenses that occur within the city limits of Carlsbad. These offenses include criminal petty misdemeanors, traffic violations and code offenses.
Arraignments are held at 8:00 a.m. only, Monday through Thursday. If you wish to appear before the Judge, you must appear at 7:45 a.m. Further information can be found in the Court Procedures And General Information for the Municipal Court.
Payments can be made with cash or money order. Requests for payment extensions must be made in person. The clerks are allowed to give only one (1) extension. Any extensions thereafter must be approved by the Judge. The court stops taking payments at 3 p.m. E-payments may be made at any time.
You can now pay your citation/court fines online at www.citepayusa.com with a credit card.
[You must have the citation number or case number for payment, additional fees may apply.]
Fines may be worked out through Community Service. Credit will be given at minimum wage per hour for fines only. Any fees assessed must be paid. You must come to the Court to sign up for work. Information is provided below:
- Supervisor: Streets Superintendent, Jay Granger, 885-6262. For reporting time please contact the court.
- Report To: Community Service Building located at 1702 W. Fox St. (Next to the Boys and Girls Club in the gated area).”
- Time: Winter Hours: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Summer Hours 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Need To Bring: Sack Lunch and a pair of gloves.
- Dress Code: Wear comfortable work clothes – No shorts or sandals