The Carlsbad Municipal Water System is owned and operated by the City of Carlsbad. The system's source of water is ground water and ninety-eight percent (98%) of the water comes from the Sheep Draw Well Field (Capitan Reef) located seven (7) miles Southwest of Carlsbad in the foothills of the Guadalupe Mountains. Two percent (2%) of the water comes from the City owned and operated Double Eagle Water System located near Maljamar, New Mexico (Ogallala formation).
Over the past thirty-two years (32), the Carlsbad Municipal Water System has effectively planned for and built the facilities necessary to provide our customers with an adequate and safe water supply.
FOR BILL QUESTIONS CALL THE WATER DEPARTMENT CASHIER OFFICE AT 887-1191
- Water and Sewer Rates
- Fees and Services
- Notification Form for Water System Pipeline Crossings
- Specifications for Excavation and Backfill of Utility Cuts Within City Right-Of-Ways
- Specifications for the Installation of Water and Sewer Improvements
- Specifications for Hydrostatic Testing, Flushing, Disinfection and Flow Testing
- Inspection Form of New Water System and Improvement
- Water Purchase Agreement - Carlsbad Water System
- Request for Water Service - Carlsbad Water System
- The following are examples in which a report is required:
- Reporting Leaks:
- * If any leaks are noticed.
- Meter Reading:
- * The water meters are read each month. Some areas have a new type of meter which is read by a computer device, much similar to a wand, whereas other areas are continually being updated to match, remain manually read at this time.
- Line Locates:
- * If any excavation is to take place, the person doing the excavation is required by law to call "NM One Call" for line location services.
- Tampering with City Utilities:
- * If any suspicious activity involving theft or possible damage to any part of the water or sewer system.
- * If a customer has a broken water line on their side of the water meter and needs the water turned off to make necessary repairs.
- Meter Boxes:
- * A meter box, most of which have a locking device, is installed over each meter to keep it protected and prevent a person from unauthorizedly accessing it. As time permits, all meter boxes will recieve locking lids. It is very important to report any box that has a missing, damaged or otherwise mis- properly installed lid.
Contact: Jamey Schwiger
Phone: (575) 885-6313
After Hours/Weekends: (575) 885-2111