The Carlsbad Municipal Water System is owned and operated by the City of Carlsbad. The system's source of water is ground water and ninety-eight percent (98%) of the water comes from the Sheep Draw Well Field (Capitan Reef) located seven (7) miles Southwest of Carlsbad in the foothills of the Guadalupe Mountains. Two percent (2%) of the water comes from the City owned and operated Double Eagle Water System located near Maljamar, New Mexico (Ogallala formation).
Over the past thirty-two years (32), the Carlsbad Municipal Water System has effectively planned for and built the facilities necessary to provide our customers with an adequate and safe water supply.
- Water and Sewer Rates
- Fees and Services
- Notification Form for Water System Pipeline Crossings
- Specifications for Excavation and Backfill of Utility Cuts Within City Right-Of-Ways
- Specifications for the Installation of Water and Sewer Improvements
- Specifications for Hydrostatic Testing, Flushing, Disinfection and Flow Testing
- Inspection Form of New Water System and Improvement
- Water Purchase Agreement - Carlsbad Water System
- Request for Water Service - Carlsbad Water System
- The following are examples in which a report is required:
- Reporting Leaks:
- * If any leaks are noticed.
- Meter Reading:
- * The water meters are read each month. Some areas have a new type of meter which is read by a computer device, much similar to a wand, whereas other areas are continually being updated to match, remain manually read at this time.
- Line Locates:
- * If any excavation is to take place, the person doing the excavation is required by law to call "NM One Call" for line location services.
- Tampering with City Utilities:
- * If any suspicious activity involving theft or possible damage to any part of the water or sewer system.
- * If a customer has a broken water line on their side of the water meter and needs the water turned off to make necessary repairs.
- Meter Boxes:
- * A meter box, most of which have a locking device, is installed over each meter to keep it protected and prevent a person from unauthorizedly accessing it. As time permits, all meter boxes will recieve locking lids. It is very important to report any box that has a missing, damaged or otherwise mis- properly installed lid.
Contact: Joe Harvey
Phone: (575) 885-6313
After Hours/Weekends: (575) 885-2111